In some instances, apprentices are eligible to collect unemployment benefits, reduce their child support payments, receive grants for tuition and books, and more.
Unemployment benefits and services
Applying for and continuing to claim unemployment benefits are different for apprentices. We have made it easier by creating a apprenticeship specific guide. Follow these steps:
- Create or sign in to your eServices account.
- Download a helpful guide to apply for the first time as an apprentice.
- Apply for unemployment benefits through eServices.
- File additional weekly unemployment claims using this guide.
Your local WorkSource center also provides support services for apprenticeship, applying for benefits, training programs, career development and more.
- View your apprenticeship status in Washington State Department of Labor and Industries’ (LNI) tracking system.
- Reach LNI via email for questions regarding your program or status.
- Keep up to date with news and information from the Apprenticeship and Training Council, including quarterly reports, council member updates and meeting minutes.
- For questions about your unemployment benefits claims, contact Employment Security Department through private message (requires an eServices account) or by calling 800-318-6022.