Medical Assistant Apprentice - Pmg Nw Centralized Staff Pool
Job Number: 243305
Job Category: Student/Interns
Providence is calling for a Medical Assistant Apprentice (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) within the Staff Pool Department to work within our Providence Medical Group NW - Everett, WA.
Now is your chance to grow your career and be a MEDICAL ASSISTANT (MA)!
The Medical Assistant Apprentice is entering into a WA DOL registered Apprenticeship program with Providence Medical Group, in conjunction with the Washington Association of Community and Migrant Health Centers (WACMHC).
In this position you will:
- Participates in all aspects of the medical assistance process under the guidance of the MA-C Coach and within the scope of the MA Apprentice education.
- Assists in implementation of processes in the clinic to extent allowed by education. Administers and documents basic functions including vital signs, minor office procedures and other skills set as set forth by the WACMHC Apprentice Program and under the supervision of the assigned MA-C Coach. Participates in patient care conferences.
- Performs MA procedures as assigned, trained and signed-off per guidelines of the WACMHC MA Apprentice guidelines.
- Documents accurately, promptly and appropriately according to clinic policy. Utilizes clinic electronic medical record systems as trained.
- Contributes to the assigned clinic team, functioning as a member of the unit. Assist patient care staff complete their patient care assignments.
- Protects patient and employee confidentiality by promoting professional staff communications. Maintain full knowledge of policy and practices related to confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Must be 18 yrs of age at the beginning date of the MA program
- Coursework/Training - Current Blood Borne Pathogens 7-hour training. (Pre-hire requirement).
- Current BLS – Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited) required no later than 30 days after hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior work or volunteer experience in a medical setting.
- Medical terminology knowledge
About the clinic you will serve:
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Snohomish County in more than 10 locations in scenic northwest Washington. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.