At Office Depot and Office Max, the position will be a subject matter expert of Technology products and services. They will be responsible for engaging and providing an exceptional experience for customers and small/medium businesses requiring Technology products and services. They are expected to quickly build ongoing customer relationships and become a trusted advisor by utilizing advanced Technology product and services knowledge to meet customersneeds.
The person in this role demonstrates a passion for the brand, technology products and services, and other products offered to our customers. They will utilize Office Depot and Office Maxs proven sales principles to proactively engage customers, in order to drive the sales of Technology Products or Services and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction.
The associate in this position is also responsible for providing product knowledge to Sales Consultants, or other associates within the store regarding Technology products, selling behaviors, attachments, and services. Additionally, they will perform daily and weekly maintenance of the assigned area.
- Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer in the Technology & Tech Services areas to ensure a positive customer experience. Utilizes and understands both the vendors selling methodology and the Office Depot ARC-3 selling programs to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions. Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions.
- Provides exceptional customer service by educating customers about Office Depot products and services offered. Effectively utilizes communication tools to request assistance anywhere on the sales floor, and to coordinate the appropriate service, and customer engagement throughout the store.
- Works to continually develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided. Drives Technology and Tech Services sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives.
- Able to evaluate the customer and small/medium business needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales organization.
- Effectively utilizes the Save the Sale program and offers solutions that may take care of a customers needs through an online offering.
- Trains and coaches new/existing Sales Consultants on the use of new products and tools and/or selling program.
- As part of development, assists management team in daily task direction and training of associates in Office Depot culture, sales programs, standards for customer service and merchandising, and policies and procedures. Provides training and coaching to Sales Consultants on products. Identify sales challenges. Partner with the Store Manager to implement solutions.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and practices; and supports company loss prevention efforts.
- Outside of Depot Time, performs merchandise-related activities to ensure merchandise presentation guidelines are met through implementing plan-o-gram changes and updates, merchandise set and price changes. Sets weekly ads, including price changes, and any associated updates to store signage or POP materials.
- High School diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in related field;Sales and/or Customer Services experience
- Specialized Vendor certifications
- Must be knowledgeable in Technology and Services
- Must possess advanced selling skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment
- Must be able to coach and train others in a professional environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to use technology applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
- Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
- Sales and Marketing experience for Technology Products
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Fair Chance Ordinance
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records