To maintain and coordinate the volunteer program for Hospice. Responsible for the orientation, training and coordination of all Hospice volunteers, for volunteer program administration and development in all service areas.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and supervise delivery of all volunteer services.
- Assign volunteers to service on the basis of program needs and the volunteers’ interests and skills.
- Assess and monitor a recordkeeping system which includes services delivered and actual time involved.
- Recruit, interview and select volunteers.
- Design and supervise the orientation and training of volunteers.
- Monitor and evaluate volunteers’ performance.
- Assure volunteers’ compliance with Hospice policies and procedures.
- Plan and conduct volunteer support meetings.
- Prepare services reports as required by the Director.
- Facilitate community awareness and support of Hospice volunteer program.
- Maintain relationship with other program leaders.
- Attend Hospice IDG meetings and act as liaison between volunteers and IDG.
- Adhere to Hospice standards and consistently interpret and accurately perform all assigned responsibilities.
- Comply with Hospice infection control policies and protocols.
- Works with IDG concept of patient care.
- Participate in in-service programs and present in services as assigned.
- Completes Hospice training program.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.