HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY)
Department of the Army
Army National Guard Units
- ##### Open & closing dates
10/18/2019 to 09/30/2020
GS 6 - 7
$41,235 to $59,572 per year
Temporary - Indefinite, excepted service
Few vacancies in the following location:
Camp Murray, WA
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This is a Washington Army National Guard Title 32 Excepted ServiceNon-Bargaining Unit Technician position:
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY)Location: G1, Camp Murray, WAAppointment Type: Indefinite, excepted serviceAdvertised as: ENLISTEDThis announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Learn more about this agency
A GS-0203-6/7, HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY):
- Serves as a final reviewer and/or processor of actions, whichmay include but are not limited to: accessions,discharges/separations, promotions, awards, reductions,transfers, boards, Non-Commissioned Officer Evaluation Reports(NCOERs), Office Evaluation Reports (OERs), promotioneligibility, Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP), discharges,waivers, award/withdraw, Military Occupational Specialty (MOS),retirement eligibility, iPERMS, RCAS, eMILPO, SIDPERS, DJMS,DMDC, CAC Automation,TAPDB-G, DSRO, and any additional oremerging systems that support personnel management and actionsthat affect eligibility of educational or incentive benefits aswell as sensitive, complex cases, which involve: Allegations ofinequitable, prejudiced, or similar treatment (e.g. issues offraudulent enlistment or assignment; removal of military memberfrom active or inactive status).
- Identifies gaps or inconsistencies in records and initiatesaction or interviews personnel to obtain needed data.
- Participates in unit Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) forthose units whose service members are being mobilized to activeduty.
- Reviews and processes requests for retention beyond mandatoryremoval date and evaluation reports.
- Researches and obtains all necessary, relevant informationregarding cases and issues and provides explanations andinterpretations of rules, regulations, procedures, andrequirements pertaining to actions taken or recommended.
- Drafts or prepares related correspondence for appropriatesignature and enters data in automated systems, as needed.
- Provides advice, guidance, and training to other personnel onactions in areas of expertise, as well as, advice, instructions,training, and interpretations, as needed, to lower echelons.
- Provides advisory services to family members of deceasedmilitary members (current and former) and serves as a liaisonbetween the family and funeral directors and their assistants,Veterans Services Organizations, Veterans Affairs Offices,National Guard Bureau (NGB), Regional Casualty AssistanceCoordinator (CAC), and other military services and/or members.
- Maintains files and libraries of current funeral/casualtymaterial including policies, procedures, and guidance fromDepartment of Defense (DoD), NGB, Regional CAC, and the VeteransAdministration.
- Coordinates with the Regional CAC, Funeral Home, Honor Guard,supporting military unit, and each Casualty AssistanceOfficer/Casualty Notification Officer (CAO/CNO) to ensure allrequests for funerals and casualty assistance are supported.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* The above duty description doesn't contain all details of theofficial position description. A copy of the entire positiondescription can be found on FASCLASS by searching the positiondescription (PD# D2014000).https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
0203 Human Resources Assistance
Conditions of Employment
Military Grades: E1-E5
Compatible Military Assignments: 00F, 42A
Applicants need not be assigned to the position or possess the MOSto apply or be considered for selection. Selected applicant must beassigned to a compatible Military position and attain MOS within 1year of appointment action.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
All soldiers, civilian employees, and contractor employees whodrive Army-owned or leased vehicles must complete the Army AvoidanceCourse (AAC) training when they start working for the Army. Musthave a valid Washington state and military driver's license. Must beable to obtain a Government Travel Card (GTC) and be able to attendall schools deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for SelectiveService.
Must maintain membership in the WA National Guard for continuedemployment.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE:Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training whichdemonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of theposition. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:GS-06 - Must have at least 9 months experience, education ortraining that provided knowledge of general office work which mayinclude but is not limited to: answering telephones, receiving anddistributing mail and maintaining records. Experience following oralor written instructions to accomplish work. Experience establishingand retrieving files and information. Experience using commoncomputer software designed for word processing.
GS-07 - Must have at least 12 months experience in theinterpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws.Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrativefunctions. Experience performing personnel transactions. Experienceworking independently and setting priorities with very littlesupervisory control.
Education Requirements:High School Diploma or GED**.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:**Not Applicable.
To receive credit for Education, you must provide transcripts orother documentation of proof to support your Educational claims.
* This vacancy announcement is opening a standing inventory ofeligible applicants. It will be used to fill immediate and futurevacancies for G1 positions. If qualified, you will have eligibilityfor up to the closing date of the announcement. Your name will bereferred for employment consideration based on your rating andgeographic availability. Qualified applicant lists will be referredperiodically for employment consideration based on the hiring needsof the organization.
*This is an indefinite position. If an individual employed in theexcepted civil service accepts this position, he/she will receive anindefinite appointment. If a Reduction-In-Force occurs theindefinite appointee will have no reemployment rights to his/herformer position or any other position. If funding level and employeemanning levels permit, incumbent may be converted to permanenttechnician status without further competition.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and arerequired to register under the Military Selective Service Act, theDefense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered oryou are not eligible for appointment in this agency(https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
Military Technicians are ineligible for enlistment, retention, andstudent loan repayment bonuses. Acceptance of a Technician positionwill terminate these incentives.
Military Technicians in the excepted service will wear theappropriate uniform while performing as a Technician.
Veteran's preference does not apply to National Guard Technicianpositions in accordance with Title 32 USC 709 (f).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The WA National Guard is an equal opportunityemployer. Selection for this position will be filled without regardto race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status,or political affiliation.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you donot have in electronic form, view the following link for informationregarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet thequalifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supportingdocumentation will be used to determine if you meet thequalifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimallyqualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be comparedto your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine yourlevel of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supportedby your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/oryou may be excluded from consideration for this position. You mayalso be excluded from consideration if you indicate that you areunwilling to accept the lower grade and a determination is made thatyou are not qualified at the higher grade. If you are found to beamong the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to theselecting official for employment consideration.
Verbiage displayed on your resume or application must containyour own words. You may refer to position descriptions, i.e. thegeneral and specialized experience located within the vacancyannouncement, to assist with describing work experiences; however,resumes or applications received in verbatim will not be considered.In your resume you will need to address the general and specializedexperience listed below. Please use as much detail as needed, givingdates (months and years) of the experience, position title and howthe experience was gained. This information is needed to determineif you are qualified for the position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies(knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics). NOTE: Youdo not have to respond to the KSA's separately but your resumeshould contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession ofthe KSA's.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations,policies, procedures, and precedents relating to the area ofassignment; and the ability to apply this knowledge in theinterpretation and application of regulatory and proceduralrequirements to complex cases.
- Knowledge of computer databases, personnel management systemsand pay management systems. Proficiency in analytical math andhave effective oral and written communication skills with acustomer service support base.
- Ability to provide, and perform a segment of the human resourceactions which requires knowledge of processing a variety ofunique official personnel tasks.
- Knowledge of requirements for proposed action to ensure thatdocumentation is correct and sufficient; ability to revieworganizational records, duty codes, medical, and educationalregulations in order to analyze the information and determinethe propriety of the action submitted and that all levels oflegal, medical, and administrative review are complete.
- Ability to deal cooperatively with others to obtain neededinformation, to complete required case processing, and toexplain decisions or recommendations to interested parties.
- Skill in compiling information and preparing reports.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Knowledge of military organizational structures, protocol, andsimilar matters.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you are required to submit acomplete Application Package which includes:
- Resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates(format should include Month and Year) of employment and dutiesperformed
- OF-306 completely filled out
- Mil Form 174
For access to Required Documents please refer to:http://mil.wa.gov/federal-human-resources
Applicants may also submit the following supporting documenttype(s),which may not be required for all applicants: Cover Letter,DD-214,SF-50, and Transcript.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institutionrecognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to becredited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only theattendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accreditinginstitutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in thisvacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or mayaffect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with acomprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and yourfamily will have access to a range of benefits that are designed tomake your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federalbenefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you holdand whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent.Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specificbenefits offered.
- How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online applicationand submit the documentation specified in the Required Documentssection below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST)on 09/30/2020 to receive consideration. Failure to submit allrequired documents by the closing date will result indisqualification.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You willneed to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do nothave a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginningthe application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supportingdocuments to be included with your application package. You willhave the opportunity to upload additional documents to include inyour application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents maytake several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package,complete the Include Personal Information section as you deemappropriate and click to continue with the applicationprocess.
You will be taken to the online application which you must completein order to apply for the position. Complete the online application,verify the required documentation is included with your applicationpackage, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBSaccount (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of yourapplications will appear on the Welcome screen. The ApplicationStatus will appear along with the date your application was lastupdated. For information on what each Application Status means,visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
Agency contact information
WA HRO Staffing Section
WASHINGTON G1 PERSONNELBLDG 15 41ST DIVISION WAYCAMP MURRAY, WA 98430US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive aconfirmation notification by email. Your application will beevaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine youreligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, youwill receive another notification regarding the status of yourapplication.
- Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent.Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment onthe basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy andgender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexualorientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age,membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parentalstatus, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & jobapplicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicantswith disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonableaccommodation for any part of the application process should followthe instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any partof the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact thehiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonableaccommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the workenvironment, or the way things are usually done that enables anindividual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job dutiesor receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must providereasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have anequal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to performthe essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receiveequal access to benefits, such as details, training, andoffice-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during theapplication or hiring process or while on the job. Requests areconsidered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodationsor how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and toapply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549241500. Only resumessubmitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listedat www.usajobs.gov will be considered.