POSITION: Assistant Basketball Coach
LOCATION: Ellensburg High School
REPORTS TO: Head Basketball Coach
JOB SUMMARY: To ensure student/athletes have a positive experience while teaching them the fundamental skills of basketball, mental toughness, and teamwork.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with the supervision, education and direction of student participants in the basketball program.
- Attend athletic staff meetings and workshops.
- Participate in pre-season meetings.
- Assist the Head Coach with inventory needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Must qualify to work in the proximity of children under the conditions of a WSP/FBI background check.
- Must have a current First Aid and CPR Certificate and be versed in related preventative health and training standards.
- Must complete Blood Borne Pathogen and Sexual Harassment Training.
- Previous playing or coaching experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Meet and maintain coaching standards as determined by the District and the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association.
- Ability to work in a positive, supportive manner with student participants, parents, coaches, school administration and staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively with student participants, parents, coaches, school administration and staff.
- Ability to work as a responsible member of a coaching staff in full cooperation with other coaches and the Athletic Director.