Position at Promethean
Who is Promethean?
Promethean is a leading global education technologies company who is re-inventing the way learning is being delivered. Our mission? To create immersive learning solutions that enable teachers to engage and energize students across the world! Based out of Seattle Washington, with regional centers of gravity in Atlanta (GA), Blackburn (UK), Shenzhen (China) and offices in 10 countries, our aim, is to foster a global community of practice where tools, resources, how-to knowledge, experience, and the wisdom to use them intelligently are all available to use and share.
While Promethean is an established well capitalized and recognized EdTech brand, it feels like a startup with a fun, entrepreneurial energy and spirit! This is leading edge development in a fun and challenging atmosphere!
Youll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. The Promethean software development group has opportunities in a wide range of areas including development, design, search, platform, test, quality, big data, front end and back-end. As a core participant of your team, youll estimate engineering efforts, prioritize projects, plan implementations and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products and develop distributed systems powering the best-in-class interactive flat panels at a scale few companies can match.
A day in your life as a Full Stack Software Engineer might include*:*
- Coding, testing and debugging programs according to computer engineering specifications.
- Building new and modifying existing applications / systems.
- Developing software prototypes.
- Writing unit tests and functional tests (automation).
- Performing manual tests.
- Using tools to access data in datastore, version control systems, etc.
- Frequently interface with other functional teams on all aspects of a feature or sub-system.
To be an amazing Full Stack Software Engineer, you will have or be able to*:*
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Computer Science.
- Exposure to additional languages such as PHP, Python, Microsoft .NET (C#), iOS, Android, and related web technologies.
- Experience writing unit/functional tests using Mocha, Nemo.js, JUnit, Selenium, etc.
- Experience debugging web applications using Developer Tools on the browser.
- Familiarity working with SQL and noSQL datastores.
- Willingness to learn and use new programming language / knowledge to solve business problems.
In Return You Will Receive
- The opportunity to work for a leading Education Technology company with a brand that is extremely well known to educators around the World.
- An outstanding benefits program including a high level of employer contribution, a choice of medical plans, an outstanding dental benefit, a 401k match and (following 1 year of service) a paid Parental Leave program.
- A Leadership Team that is second to none and driven to ensure the success of their Field Sales Reps and the opportunity to work in a sales team that is passionate about making a difference in education.
- An amazing Company Culture that is continuously innovating to ensure Prometheans products are simply the best in the market.
We take our work seriously because it has impact! We empower students worldwide to learn. We are driven to continuously innovate and develop educational technology that inspires students to unleash their potential. We believe in the power of education to change the world and come to work each day with our sleeves rolled up ready to make a difference! However, we also appreciate that life isn't just about work. We are a small company with big rewards and understand that you also need time to unwind. Join a company where you can be your best self, take your work seriously, and have some fun along the way; join Promethean.
At Promethean we are honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. #LI-MP1