The Host is responsible for greeting guests, both in person and over the phone, in a gracious and welcoming manner to achieve delighted experiences for every guest in support of our company-wide mission of offering deliciousness served with graciousness in all that we do. The position is also responsible for seating guests as they arrive, answering questions related to reservations and menus, demonstrating excellent guest service, maintaining the organization and smooth operation of the dining area, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned management of which the employee is capable of performing. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the General Manager.
• Warmly greets guests in a friendly and engaging manner.
• Seats guests according to restaurant specifications.
• Manages guest reservations professionally and effectively; assists with arranging tables for large parties.
• Demonstrates excellent food safety, sanitation, and organizational skills, while completing duties in a timely manner.
• Operates Point of Sale system correctly (including correct tip entries).
• Restocks and replenishes all items as needed throughout the shift.
• Maintains a clean and organized station; assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of dining area and other areas as needed.
• Performs assigned sidework and attends mandatory trainings/meetings as scheduled.
• Assists and supports in other tasks within the scope of the restaurant team, as needed.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a manager that the employee is capable of performing.