Family Child Educator
Thank you for your interest in Okanogan County Child Development Association. By joining our agency, you will become part of our 50+ year legacy of providing services to children and families. The work with our families helps to increase the likelihood of family success and improve kindergarten readiness for children. You will have opportunities to support our philosophy of parents as the primary educator of their children, and make a difference every day.
About the position:
The Early Head Start Family Child Educator for OCCDA will provide educational and family services to families with infants/toddlers and pregnant women in a home base setting. These services include visits with the child's parents, primarily in the child's home and group socialization opportunities in a classroom, community facility, or on field trips. The Family Child Educator will focus on parent-child interactions as means to promote positive parenting behaviors, provide research based information around developmental topics, and focus on family well-being to promote healthy family functioning.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Knowledgeable of early childhood development
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work as a team member
- Passion to make a difference
- Use effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to be a self motivator
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Have a minimum of a home-based CDA credential or comparable credential, or equivalent coursework as part of an associate’s or bachelor's degree.
- Foundational and Model Implementation training in Parents as Teachers within six months of hire.
The position is 40 hours per week for 48 weeks per year with a starting salary of $14.91 to $16.50 per hour, depending on education.
This position is eligible for the following Benefits; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off.
We invite you to apply to be a part of our dynamic team which provides quality educational services to children in Okanogan County and to become part of the OCCDA family. If you have any questions regarding this position or our application process please contact Julie Hurlbert, HR Manager at 509-826-2466 or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer