Inland Transportation Services (ITS) is a full service Logistics Company, privately owned and operated in Spokane Washington. While we started logistics services in 2016, our roots with Inland Empire Paper date back to 1911. We are building a team of professionals as ITS strives to be the best value added Logistics Company in the industry.
Inland Transportation Services seeks a strategic, high level communicator as an Account Manager to join our logistics team. We operate in a challenging, high energy industry that can be extremely rewarding. This position is expected to build and sustain strong, long term relationships with external businesses regarding our logistics services. While the expectations of this job are to grow the new customer base, a successful candidate would need to demonstrate the ability to bring in a current transportation book of business. This role is primarily Monday through Friday and based in the office, but will vary due to the client’s needs. Compensation is base salary plus commission.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Works with team to ensure each customer’s needs are being met.
- Works with team to get rates for larger RFQ’s/RFP’s.
- Identify and capitalize on new business opportunities within current clients.
- Understand client’s requirements to ensure a comprehensive solution is delivered.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations.
- Responsible for achieving and surpassing sales targets.
- Analyze market trends.
- Track all territory-based activities and submit reports electronically.
- Work with team to establish both virtual and tangible marketing campaign (Print, social Media, Web based).
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- Energetic, hardworking, accountable and pro-active.
- Organized, detail-oriented. Excellent follow-up skills are essential.
- Proven experience in freight logistics, with a desire to grow professionally.
- Ability to understand competitor’s strategies, transportation services and pricing patterns.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Competitive spirit with strong desire to succeed.
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards.
- Microsoft Office Literate (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Proven track record in transportation/logistics (3PL preferred).
- Positive Attitude to ensure constructive demeanor throughout office.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
Inland Transportation Services offers competitive compensation, industry leading health benefits, 401k with employer match, paid vacations and much more. Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information is respected. Thank you to all applicants for your interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. ITS operates in a smoke-free and drug-free facility that operates 24 hours a day/365 days per year.