Providence is calling for a Medical Assistant Apprentice (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) within the Staff Pool Department to work within our Providence Medical Group NW - Everett, WA.
Now is your chance to grow your career and be a MEDICAL ASSISTANT (MA)!
The Medical Assistant Apprentice is entering into a WA DOL registered Apprenticeship program with Providence Medical Group, in conjunction with the Washington Association of Community and Migrant Health Centers (WACMHC).
In this position you will:
- Participates in all aspects of the medical assistance process under the guidance of the MA-C Coach and within the scope of the MA Apprentice education.
- Assists in implementation of processes in the clinic to extent allowed by education. Administers and documents basic functions including vital signs, minor office procedures and other skills set as set forth by the WACMHC Apprentice Program and under the supervision of the assigned MA-C Coach. Participates in patient care conferences.
- Performs MA procedures as assigned, trained and signed-off per guidelines of the WACMHC MA Apprentice guidelines.
- Documents accurately, promptly and appropriately according to clinic policy. Utilizes clinic electronic medical record systems as trained.
- Contributes to the assigned clinic team, functioning as a member of the unit. Assist patient care staff complete their patient care assignments.
- Protects patient and employee confidentiality by promoting professional staff communications. Maintain full knowledge of policy and practices related to confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.