Job Number: 241202
Job Category: Cook/Chef
Providence is calling a Cook (Food and Nutrition Services Dept, Variable Shift, 0.6 FTE) to Providence Mount Carmel Hospital in Colville, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Follow standardized recipes to prepare hot meals, and use knowledge of dietary restrictions to make modifications as necessary.
- Assist in dish room (washing dishes, pots, pans, and cleaning area and restocking).
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, storage preparation and serving of food.
- Plans cooking schedule in conjunction with the Food Service Manager to ensure that food will be ready at specified times for all areas
- Prepares, bakes, roasts, broils, grills and steams meat, fish, and poultry for daily menu according to department standards.
- Prepares, measures and mixes ingredients according to standardized recipes for sauces, soups, casseroles, vegetables and potatoes.
- Trims, slices and portions meat, fish, and poultry for all food service functions according to portion control guidelines.
- Labels, dates, and covers all food items according to policy and procedure.
Requiredqualifications for this position include:
- Current Washington State Food Handlers permit required.
Preferredqualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Completion of a vocational school in food service.
- 2 years Experience in Institutional Quantity Cooking.
- Basic knowledge of nutrition and special diets is helpful
About the hospital you will serve.
Mount Carmel Hospital is a Critical Access hospital in Colville, WA serving a three county area in Northeast Washington. We are a progressive, full service hospital offering advanced medical and surgical care as well as specialty support and outpatient services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —,
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.