Job Number: 236913
Job Category: Food Service Attendant
Providence is calling a Cook (Food and Nutrition Services, Variable Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Follow standardized recipes to prepare hot meals, and use knowledge of dietary restrictions to make modifications as necessary.
- Assist in dish room (washing dishes, pots, pans, and cleaning area and restocking).
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, storage preparation and serving of food.
Requiredqualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Current Food Handlers Card
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions in English
- Experience preparing foods in high quantities
Preferredqualifications for this position include:
- Culinary training
- Proficiency in basic math skills
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children’s Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they’ll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.