This position is responsible to actively implement and manage the Volunteer Chore Services program in one of the following geographic areas: Spokane County or Stevens, Ferry, Pend Orielle Counties and/or the Colville Indian Reservation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Responsible for a large geographical area with some travel required.
- Recruit, train, assign duties, supervise, develop and recognize staff and interns.
- Assist with recruitment, training, supervision, retention and recognition of volunteers.
- Publicize, promote and make presentations on behalf of the program.
- Create and maintain working relationships with churches, organizations, businesses, individuals and Volunteer Chore Services coordinators.
- Provide necessary leadership to maintain and develop a viable program to include policy, procedure and record compliance, strategic planning and program tracking.
- Maintain and submit required records and reports to Senior Services Director for monitoring and fiscal auditing.
- Uses appropriate administrative, fiscal, physical, and technical safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and security of CCEW client protected health information (PHI), per regulations outlined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Will regularly utilize all forms of communication (email, text, phone, etc.) and database practices necessary for this position and as directed by supervisor.
- As a mandated reporter, follows all procedures outlined in agency policies and procedures to report to the proper agency when there is suspicion and/or confirmation that a child or adult has been a victim of abuse or neglect.
- Adhere to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience:to perform this job successfully, an individual must have Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in staff supervision, planning, marketing and public speaking. Familiarity with geographic area, volunteerism, senior and disabled population. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with community and church affiliated volunteers.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a valid Driver’s License and ability to drive for work use. Must successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequentlylift up to 20 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionallycrawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20 feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities:To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of: Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software, Database software.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment:ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Ability:to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervisory Skills:ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Applicable supervisory responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching employees, planning, assigning and directing work, reviewing performance, appraising/disciplining employees when necessary, addressing complaints and questions and resolving problems.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at quiet to moderate levels of sound dependent upon daily activities.
- Exposure to Trauma: Employees of Catholic Charities Eastern Washington provide direct services to vulnerable community members including those who have behavioral health challenges and those who have been exposed to trauma.