Welcome to Holland America Line, a premium cruise line dedicated to explorers, foodies and music lovers who want to explore the world on perfectly sized, refreshingly spacious ships filled with one-of-a-kind experiences.
We’re looking for an amazing Manager Hotel/ HVAC Asset Management professional to fill this role. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the management, and related projects, of technical hotel equipment on board of the fleet. This includes, but is not limited to, HVAC systems (including chillers, auxiliary systems, air handling units, fire/CO2 dampers), provision refrigeration compressors and cold rooms, galley equipment, waste handling equipment and recreational water facilities. Main goal is to ensure long term equipment reliability by tracking obsolescence, compliance with evolving regulations and continued system performance.
In addition, the manager will act as subject matter expert in support of the operational side of the business. This position will be key in determining maintenance and procurement strategies for the relevant assets on the fleet
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Line is looking for in its Manager Hotel/ HVAC Asset Management. Is this you?
- Collaborate with ship staff, superintendents, fleet engineers, and other asset managers where necessary, for daily operations, support and project follow-up.
- Manage and supports a team of fleet engineers.
- Work actively on a lifecycle system for equipment with OEM and other team members. Assisting the asset strategy team with work procedures and maintenance questions and implementation of lifecycle programs.
- Manage and commission projects, including budget preparation, vendor selection, execution of projects (onsite), communication with Flag and Class as required.
- Point of contact for other departments and third parties for all Hotel Asset Management related matters.
- Prepare and review technical specifications for hotel equipment and systems. Pro-actively manage updates and revise where needed.
- Keep senior management updated on current and foreseen issues.
- Liaise with counterparts of other operating lines and industry partners. Take part in relevant corporate working groups.
- Availability to travel in support of dry-dockings and other company activities
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Required a minimum 5 years of seagoing experience (cruise ship) in a relevant role.
- Preferred a minimum 2 years of shoreside experience in technical management role.
- Required seagoing shipboard experience with managing maintenance of HVAC systems, refrigeration, recreational water facilities, galley and waste handling equipment.
- Minimum 2 years in shipboard leadership role.
- Minimum 2 years in shoreside leadership role.
Please note that this position can be 100% remote, US only
What You Can Expect
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
- Base Salary Range: $83,200.00 to $112,300.00. The range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely
Our Culture…Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact