Substitute Bus Driver
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Maintain a clean safe building and grounds and operation of a school bus;
transporting students following designated routes.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Building Principal and Maintenance/Transportation Supervisor
MAJOR FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Keep building and grounds clean, safe and sanitary by performing custodial functions including mopping, sweeping,
vacuuming, dusting and cleaning.
2. Implement necessary repairs both in the building and on the grounds.
3. Ability to make minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs at building site as directed by supervisor.
4. Perform all scheduled work assignments and additional requests determined by the principal and/or supervisor.
5. Know location and operation of all service shut-offs in the building including hot &cold water, gas,
electricity and fire equipment
7. Set up facilities for organizations using or renting the school as directed by supervisor.
8. Maintain building security: Doors and windows closed and locked properly at the appropriate time.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Inspect bus daily prior to operation.
2. Submit bus reports as required.
3. Report any mechanical defects immediately.
4. Keep bus clean and refuel as needed.
5. Drive safely and carefully at all times.
6. Supervise students while they are passengers on the bus; maintain discipline.
7. Work cooperatively with other bus drivers and administrators.
8. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS /CERTIFICATE AND LICENSES:
Employment is based upon passing of a physician physical exam.
Must possess or willing to obtain a Washington State Commercial Driver's License (Class B) with passenger
(PS1)and air brake, and School Bus (Class S1) Endorsements and First Aid/CPR Certificate.
High School Diploma or GED with three (3) years related trade experience. A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the criteria listed above and satisfies the knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements will also be considered.