The Catering Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining and organizing the equipment and tools needed by our team in support of our company-wide mission of offering deliciousness served with graciousness in all that we do. This position is responsible for cleaning equipment, floors, workstations, utensils, dishes, glassware, pots, and pans using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards, loading and unloading supply trucks, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned management of which the employee is capable of performing. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Chef of Sous Chef, depending on restaurant structure.
• Cleans all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, pans, and other equipment by placing them in a dishwashing machine or by hand if dishwashing machine is not available.
• Returns all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, pans, and other equipment to their proper places.
• Operates dishwashing machine(s) to company and manufacturer specifications, and uses proper measurements of detergent and sanitizer in the dishwashing machine.
• Removes all garbage, recycling, and compost to designated areas.
• Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes the dishwashing machine at the end of a shift.
• Keeps dishwashing area and other storage areas clean and organized.
• Assists and supports in other tasks within the scope of the restaurant or kitchen, as needed.
• Holds appropriate licenses as required directed by local, State, and/or Federal law.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a manager that the employee is capable of performing.