The City of Everett Parks Department is currently accepting applications for a seasonal Camp Patterson Assistant Director. This employment is temporary (up to four months in duration approximately May 1, 2019 – August 23, 2019). This job classification is represented by Everett Municipal Employees Local 113, AFSCME. These positions are not provided with City of Everett benefits.
NATURE OF WORK
Camp Patterson is an integrated day camp for children with special needs. Staff will be involved with setting up and administering a 6-week day camp for children 5 - 21 years of age and one week of adult camp. The camp attendance is approximately 65 campers during each week. This position will work 35 -40 hr/week June 24 – Aug 16, 2019, while day camp is operating, in addition to part time hours for day camp preparation.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Assist Camp Director with pre-camp organization and paperwork.
- Act as volunteer coordinator. Duties include recruitment, training, evaluation, recognition, and volunteer paperwork
- Supervise camp during operation including all staff, volunteers, and campers while Director is off-site.
- Act as a Program Specialist or Unit Leader
- Ability and willingness to establish and maintain effective working relations with supervisors, coworkers and the public.
- Ability and willingness to support diversity and multi-cultural understanding in the workplace.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a work environment free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current First Aid certification and CPR.
- Submission to a comprehensive background check.
- 2 years experience in recreation programming which includes working with Special needs population, or equivalent time in college programs for therapeutic recreation, special education or similar field.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain prior to appointment, a valid Washington State driver's license.
- May be required to provide a Drivers Abstract for Washington State and drive a 15 passenger van.
- 4 year degree in therapeutic recreation, special education or similar field.
- 4 years experience in recreation programming, with emphasis in Day Camp activities for children with special needs.
- Previous experience at Camp Patterson or other camping program involving children with special needs.
- Two years experience supervising other staff members or volunteers.
- Some experience with Sign Language.
FILING OPENS: February 13, 2019
- Application materials may be accessed via . Completed applications must be submitted through the City's online application system until the positions are filled. Apply today. One position available. Open until filled or until March 31, 2019.
FILING CLOSES: March 31, 2019 or Until FilledL19003
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of work, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential responsibility of each employee and the ability to work regularly is a requirement for continued employment.
Job Type: Day Laborer
Location: Everett, Washington
Agency: Parks DLs and Instructors