We are a hotel restaurant located at the Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown. We are currently looking for a dependable full time line cook.
Brief General Job Description: To execute all aspects of food preparation, production, and presentation of meals and food offerings while consistently providing high quality products for all restaurant guests.
- 100% paid health insurance. Vision and dental available.
- Seattle Paid Safe Sick Leave
- Vacation accrued based on hours worked
- Free parking
Essential Functions (Duties include but are not limited to) :
- Maintain high sanitation standards throughout the area of responsibility, which will meet or exceed Federal, State, and Local standards.
- Ensure organized and clean storage areas for all food.
- Ensure that all food items are properly handled, and stored at the conclusion of the shift.
- Properly rotate inventory (FIRST IN. . . FIRST OUT).
- Prepare food according to specifications for lunch, dinner and banquets.
- Pre-prep and store food for the restaurant and banquets
- Maintain clean and orderly storage areas and proper product pars.
- Clean your workstation "as-you-go" and leave it stocked and clean.
- Work with the supervisor/manager to create specials to provide additional menu variety and use up available food.
- Maintain control over food security through regular inventories, proper portioning and correct lock up procedures and production methods
Job Requirements:Must be able to communicate clearly to restaurant servers, managers and other culinary personnel. Ability to follow recipes and menu specifics. Be able to reach, bend and frequently lift up to 45 pounds.