Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Volunteer Coordinator â€“ Posting #21803
Sea Mar Community Health Centers is seeking a full-time Volunteer Coordinator. This position is part of the AmeriCorps Program in Seattle. The length of this position is between 10-11 months of service. This position offers healthcare benefits. Members coordinate the volunteer program within Sea Mar involving outreach and recruitment in various communities. Members interview, make placements, oversee volunteer contracts, maintain sites, do volunteer appreciation, organize agency wide volunteer projects and seek to expand the program. This position works well for someone interested in seeing big-picture agency needs and learning about community networking.
****The AmeriCorps member will be required to complete the Member Service Agreement requirements in order to be compensated fully for their position (Stipend and Educational award).****
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Participate in mandatory trainings, service projects and team building activities throughout their 10-11 month full time term of service.
- Oversee maintenance of Volunteer Database (Volgistics) ensuring accurate reporting of volunteer hours and fiscal impact.
- Oversee all affiliate agreements for Extern and Internship placements, working closely with contracts executive assistant.
- Recruit volunteers from the community with varied backgrounds and experience on an ongoing/as needed basis for patient services, administrative/office assistance, fundraising events, and AmeriCorps service events.
- Develop and maintain volunteer program informational packet, job descriptions, task list, information center, and other appropriate tasks.
- Connect volunteers with staff and programs needing volunteer support.
- Respond to requests from groups and individuals for volunteer opportunities and/or projects.
- Provides support and information about positive volunteer relations for staff who work with volunteers.
- Train volunteers and/or ensure that training is received from other staff as needed. Develop and maintain volunteer records, training curriculum, training checklists, and manuals as necessary.
Qualifications and/or Education:
To perform this service successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma Required
- Preferred undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Member must have the ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; possess the ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively with clients or employees of the organization.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to compile, interpret, and utilize information; and to communicate effectively with people of all backgrounds and educational levels.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, use good judgment, meet deadlines, and prioritize workloads.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be well organized and have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and appropriate boundaries in all interactions.
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
- Must be computer literate and have good mathematical skills. Experience in Windows Office programs preferred.
- Must be able to solve problems and reason deductively.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred not required.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, itâ€™s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, Full-time employees working 30 hours more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program). We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Memo Madera Perez, AmeriCorps Coordinator atPlease reference the posting number on the subject of your email.
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 06/01/2021
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamarchc.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Powered by JazzHR