Job Title: Assistant Cook
Position is Full-time; 30 hours per week.
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for covering for absences of Assistant Cooks and responsible to perform duties as assigned by the Food Services Supervisor, including special projects.
- As defined in position filling in for, see appropriate job description
- Ability to drive, including travel to multiple sites, assigned destinations, etc.
- Prepares high quality, high quantity nutritional food, following standardized recipes as directed by the Food Services Supervisor.
- Responsible for heating and portioning of high quality and high quantity nutritional foods. • Adheres to prescribed sanitation and safety procedures, i.e. proper food temperatures, storage and preparation guidelines. Follows HACCP guidelines.
- Assembles food, dishes, utensils, and supplies needed for timely meal preparation. • Washes dishes, pots, pans, and utensils using approved sanitation methods.
- Completes routine maintenance of kitchen and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows FIFO guidelines.
- Responsible for following allergy care plans and determining allergy substitute foods. • Completes and maintains all required forms and documentation.
- Responsible for documentation of in-kind contributions.
- Demonstrates on-going professionalism.
- Responsible to help with staffing issues, by working at other sites, as directed by the Food Service Supervisor.
- Responsible for laundry service.
- Assist the DST in the classroom when needed. Ability to make accurate mathematical computations. • Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines. • Ability to work independently.
- Sensitive to the needs of young children; willing and able to relate to children and adults from all ethnic, racial, religious, or socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Perform a variety of tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or willing to actively pursue GED.
- One year of food service work experience with demonstrated knowledge of sanitation and safety procedures, preferred.
- Valid Washington State food handler’s permit.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, provide proof of current liability automobile insurance, maintain an acceptable motor vehicle record (insurable by the Agency’s insurance carrier), and ability to provide own reliable transportation.
- BFHS requires that all employees, visitors, & volunteers receive a COVID-19 vaccination unless there is an approved medical or religious reasonable accommodation.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS:
EACH APPLICATION MUST CONSIST OF:
- Employment Application (available online at www.bfhs.net )
- In person: 1549 Georgia Ave. S.E.
Richland, WA 99352
- By Mail: Benton Franklin Head Start
1549 Georgia Ave. S.E.
Richland, WA 99352
- By Fax: 509-420-9422
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary Range: $ 15.74- $16.26 per/hr.
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Time Bank Leave
- Teamster’s Pension Plan for eligible employees
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability, and EAP for eligible employees
Benton Franklin Head Start is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to working with employees to reasonably accommodate disabilities. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, and sexual orientation.
EOE/ Drug-free Workplace