|Title: Regulatory Affairs Intern, Food Safety & Protection|
Location: Richland, WA
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Participate in an 11-week internship program built around your career goals and hands-on projects that impact the organization. As part of the Lamb Weston University Recruiting Internship Program, Interns work towards completing a Capstone project and are assigned a mentor who will guide and evaluate performance.
Whether you are interested in Agricultural Science, Data Science, Finance, Supply Chain, IT, Manufacturing, Food Science, Marketing, or Engineering, our highly selective summer intern program has projects that will help you build the next stage in your career.
- 11 week paid internship, May - August (actual dates may vary)
- Gain real-world working experience through dynamic projects assigned by your mentor and assigned department
- Network and learn from executives, department leaders, high performers, and fellow interns across the business
- Receive guidance and feedback from your assigned mentor throughout the program
- Professional development events providing tools that will help after the internship and after graduation
Learn more about the Summer Intern Program here!
The Regulatory Affairs Intern (Food Safety & Protection) will be a contributing member of a team that brings together leading-edge technical knowledge regarding food safety and protection. This intern will provide technical regulatory support for various efforts related to new product development, product reformulations, and other regulatory issues as they arise.
This process entails the development of accurate ingredient statements, and nutrition facts panels as well as a detailed review of package graphics for compliance with all FDA and any other regulatory requirements (including product claims).
This intern will gain insight into the industry while assisting professionals in studies and projects. Projects and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Assisting with and ensuring the technical accuracy of nutrition facts panels are acceptable for use in the intended market
* Assisting with and ensuring the technical accuracy of the product claims (nutrient, and provenance) are acceptable for use in the intended market
* Assist with ensuring legal compliance with all regulatory requirements as it relates to nutritional labeling. This process will vary based on product status (retail or food service) and the market locations intended for distribution
* Coordinate with Marketing to ensure that Marketing and R&D have the working knowledge of nutritional labeling compliance for new product concepts prior to or during the initial stages of product development
* Review and compare package graphic proofs for nutritional information
* Assist with maintaining the centralized document management systems for Regulatory Affairs and Food Safety and Quality Systems
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
* Current enrollment in a bachelor's degree program related to Food Science, Nutrition or related fields
* Junior, Senior program standing preferred
* Minimum GPA 3.0
* A basic understanding of FDA food laws and regulations' labeling, GMPs, HACCP USDA grade standards preferred
* Proven ability to problem-solve, manage & prioritize multiple time-constrained tasks.
* Ability to problem solve with limited guidance
* Excellent verbal and oral communication skill
To view the full job description, click here