$1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
1st Shift - Monday-Friday - 5:00AM - 1:30PM
Hypertherm is seeking a full-time Journeyman Welder for our Kent, Washington location. The ideal candidate will have the ability to independently complete assigned welding tasks.
As a 100% Associate-owned, global leader in providing advanced industrial cutting solutions, Hypertherm offers a collaborative work environment while promoting empowerment and a positive work-life balance.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, here are some other ways you'll help positively impact our business as a Journeyman Welder:
- Apply basic skills as a Welder; operate simple fabricating tools such as welder, drill press, band saw, heat treat oven, general hand tools
- Interpret bill of materials, blueprints, work orders
- Setup and dismantle weld equipment
- Read drawings and interrupt requirements i.e., dimension, weld symbols and tolerances
- Read a tape measure and micrometer with a high level of accuracy
- Operate small cranes and forklifts to move equipment, parts, and materials
- Perform maintenance of equipment; ensure that use the lean tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement
- Take appropriate measures to ensure all products are completed to production, quality, and technical specifications
- Inform production supervisor of critical issues that affect production schedules
- Ensure that safe work practices are maintained
Who you are and the experience you will bring:
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3-5 years of MIG, TIG, and Stick Experience
- Metal Shop experience; layout, cutting, fitting, and welding fabrication
- Working experience with Carbon + stainless steel, aluminum
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-Motivated, strong team player, demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to lift 75lbs
- Ability to reach, scoop, bend, climb ladders, pull, carry, and stand for extended periods of time
Preferred experience to differentiate you:
- Associates Degree or Certification in related field preferred
- Experience in a production welding environment
- Lean Manufacturing experience
Location: Kent, WA
Why join Hypertherm?
- Collaborative, 100% employee-ownedculture
- Profit-SharingandEmployeeStock Ownership(ESOP)
- Sign on bonus as a new hire for this role
- PaidCommunity Service Time
- Strong commitment toEnvironmental Stewardship
- Stable,growingorganization with ano-layoff philosophy
Hypertherm is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all applications. All employment decisions are based on business need, job requirements and our values as an associate-owned company without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
CURRENT ASSOCIATES OR TEMPORARY ASSOCIATES: Please apply via your internal Workday career account.