|Assistant General Manager, $22.00+/hour|
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin's picturesque lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical effect.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
* Low cost housing -$40.00/per week and $80.00/per pay period
* 50% discount on all meals
* $500 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget. Apply now to join our All Star Team!
The Assistant General Manager assists the Managing Director in all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including staff, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. In addition, the Assistant General Manager assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level.
* Assist Managing Director in the daily operations and floor management of the hotel and satellite operations.
* Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times. Handle guests' complaints and solve them according to customer service standards.
* Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of facility to ensure quality standards.
* Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the unit's staff at the direction of the Unit Manager. Assist in payroll procedures in submitting time and controlling labor costs.
* Conduct regularly scheduled department meetings for review of operational and standard procedures.
* Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit's equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Unit Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
* Perform unit opening and/or closing procedures.
* Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
* High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's or Business Degree preferred.
* At least 4 years of experience in related management required.
* Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
* Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
* Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.
* Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
To view the full job description, click here