The Community Integration Manager (CIM)/ Travel trainer will assess an individual’s travel needs and abilities and assist them to learn to use community transit and intercity transit connections. Position requires duties be performed in all types of weather. Travel training will be provided by project staff, volunteers and a network of contracted trainers based in community organizations with specific expertise working with service populations (I.e. Limited English Proficiency (LEP), youth, or Autism Spectrum).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Receive travel training requests from the program manager and processes request promptly, treating customers with courtesy.
- Provide unique assessment, evaluation and travel training plans specialized to the individual.
- Coordination with Community-Based Organizations for subcontracted service.
- Conduct volunteer recruitment.
- Presentations and speaking to large groups, conducting training with partner organizations. Will show unique ability in articulating the social and individual benefits of shared transportation systems. Maintain high standards for public perception of transportation systems as a whole and pride in the organizations mission and goals.
- Network in groups to build relationships with community partners to combat inequities.
- Assists the program director in organizational goals.
- Elicit feedback to measure how well the project is meeting the community's needs through stakeholder meetings and surveys of participants.
Knowledge of human development and behavior to teach the concepts of interaction with both the natural and built environment along paths of travel. Practical understanding of transportation systems and services. Ability and passion for working with all diverse and marginalized populations. Understanding of the ADA, Americans with Disabilities act and how it relates to transit systems. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Experience working and communicating with elderly, disabled, marginalized, or disadvantaged persons; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven success in community partnership building non-profit organizations is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents rules and regulations and policy and procedure manuals for transportation providers. Timely ability in completing written reports and correspondence. Bi-lingual skills reflected in pay scale.
High commitment to task follow-through and timeliness.
The position requires in-depth use of travel apps and trip planning (on the job training will be provided), data entry skills are required. Ability to learn new software.
Must be able to work independently and have good independent judgment abilities. The ideal candidate has a creative mindset, critical thinking skills, planning ability and flexibility. Ambition for the potential to move towards a career in management with SMS is preferred.
LEARNING AND CHANGE
Must learn quickly and adapt to change easily. The CIM will stay connected to Spokane transportation news, route change and service via newsletters and in person meetings.
CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK
Must undergo a preliminary and annual criminal background checks, and meet standards set by SMS contracts.
Travel Trainer Certification, PASS Certification provided by agency. Cross-cultural training, service dog use awareness, and long cane travel techniques, motivational interviewing training, mental health first aid training and first aid CPR training are preferred. A training plan will be created for the right candidate.
- You will also receive six and a half days of sick leave per year plus five days of vacation leave per year to start, increasing with tenure up to twenty days.
- You will enjoy seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
- You will have excellent employer-paid medical and disability insurance and will be able to enroll in group dental insurance.
- You will enjoy a generous employer-paid retirement program. You can immediately enroll in our company’s retirement (403b) plan, as well as a deferred compensation plan. After two years of service, we will make a contribution equal to 9% of your wages to your retirement account.