West Sound Workforce is assisting a busy Kingston-based glass service specializing in custom residential and commercial projects in sourcing installers to join their team.
Performing services ranging from new and replacement windows, showers stalls, custom designs and more, this growing company is looking for individuals who take pride in their work, have good math and reasoning skills, and enjoy working as a team.
As an installer you will work as part of a crew and use a variety of hand and power tools to demo, prep, and install windows, doors, and mirrors within homes and businesses throughout Kitsap County.
If you have a good understanding of building and construction, care about putting out a quality product, and are looking for the opportunity to hone a trade, this is a great opportunity for you.
What you will do as an Installer:
- Set glass doors into frames and bolt hinges, locks, handles and other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls using a level
- Install pre-assembled frameworks for doors and windows before glass panel installation using hand tools
- Cut, put together, measure, or install metal frames and enclosures for glass panels in various areas and structures, including bathtubs, showers, display cases, etc.
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications to know necessary work details, including color, shape, size, type and thickness of glass to be installed, framing location, procedures for installation before beginning work
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis
What we are looking for:
- Previous construction experience
- Knowledge and understanding of building and construction methods, materials and tools
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a repeated basis and stamina to manipulate heavy glass and materials
Benefits include sick leave accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked; paid Family & Medical leave (per Washington State); 401K after eligibility; holiday pay and vacation bonus after eligibility; and opt-in for health insurance, personal Aflac and life insurance plans available. Want to learn more about our benefits for temporary employees, including a 401K plan and vacation bonus? Visit our benefits page!