Job ID: 227757079
This H-2A job opportunity is limited to qualified, available workers that are currently eligible to work in the United States, per federal regulation.This is an H-2A job order for agriculture workers
* Harvest apples, and cherries, vegetables, and potatoes. Prune, thin (including blossom thinning), plant/propagate and train trees
* Workers will perform tree training duties including weeding, hoeing, trunk painting, tree tying/positioning.
*Hand thinning of apple and cherry trees.
*Pruning of apple and cherry trees.
*Providing general orchard labor*Plant, cultivate, harvest vegetables, including potatoes. Considerable stooping and kneeling is required
*Three months of prior experience working in commercial production agriculture, handling manual and machine tasks associated with commodity production and harvest activities
*Willing to commit to the entire contract period
*Able to lift up to 60 lbs.*Exposure to extreme temperatures.*Repetitive movements*Extensive walking*Frequent Stooping*Must anticipate being able to work on the start date and through the period of the contract
All work is compensated at the $16.34 hourly rate All workers are guaranteed the stated AEWR hourly rate of $16.34 for each hour worked.
*Pay will be Bi-weekly
Apple Harvest Piece Rates
Apples AmbrosiaFujiGalaGrannyHoney CrispRedBin Size for GoldenGoldenBlossom Thinning
Bin Size (47X47X24.5)$30.00 per bin$28.00 per bin$23.00 per bin$27.00 per bin$30.00 per bin$20.00 per bin(46X43X25.5 inch bin)$25.00 per binApple Trees - $.10-$1.00 per tree
$6.00 per 30 pound lug (24X16X7)
$6.00 per 20 pound lug
Thinning Apple Trees
$.10-$1.00 per tree
Training Apple, Cherry Trees
$.05-$.50 per tree
Pruning Apple, Cherry Trees
$.05-$1.00 per tree
* The employer will furnish, without charge, all tools, supplies and personal protective equipment required in the performance of the specified work.
* Employer provided housing/kitchen facilities are available for employees who are unable to reasonably return to their place of residence the same day.
* Transportation costs to the job site for domestic workers from outside the local commuting distance of the job site will be reimbursed by the employer after 50% of the contract period. Transportation costs from the job site to the workers home will be provided to those domestic workers that complete the entire contract period.
* Employer guarantees to offer employment for the hourly equivalent of 3/4 or 75% of the workdays of the work contract beginning with the first day of work.
* Full employment description of employer benefits is available from the employer.
*Contract period is between August 10, 2021 to November 15, 2021
*35 hours per week
*Work hours will be 7 hours a day Monday through Friday
* Employer will accept referrals until September 28, 2021
How to Apply/Request a ReferralThis employer has asked WorkSource to refer only fully qualified applicants for this job. If you would like to request a referral, please contact any WorkSource office for detailed instructions on how to apply.
WorkSource is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons with disabilities.
TTY (Washington Relay Service 1-800-833-6384)
Staff Special InstructionsPlease Click here to access the side by side checklist, Workers' rights trifold and a copy of the complete job order for inspection.