Job ID: 213767695
Volleyball Head Coach
Posting Number: 02201
Department: Athletics & Intramural Activities
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Everett Community College is hiring for a Head Volleyball Coach.
This position will lead the EvCC Women's Volleyball team in recruiting and developing student athletes who are leaders in the classroom, in the community, and in competition, while promoting a culture of equity, integrity, and excellence.
The head coach will share in the program and departmental vision of fostering an environment that provides the best athletic and educational experience for our student athletes.
• Develop and maintaining a competitive program that will supplement the experience of student athletes effectively
• Know, understand, and follow all of the rules and regulations set forth by the governing Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC )
• Identify and recruit prospective student athletes that will be able to successfully compete at the NWAC level
• Assist in the academic progress of student athletes and refer them to support services such as advising, tutoring, financial aid, etc.
• Effectively build and supervise a staff of coaches that will share in the mission and core values of the program, the athletic department, and Everett Community College
• Efficiently communicate with assistant coaches and athletes to successfully execute practice, training, travel, and game plans
• Coordinate fundraising, community service, and other team related activities
• Develop and adhere to budgetary guidelines as established by the athletic department
• Follow all rules and regulations concerning the recruitment and eligibility of student athletes
• Be responsible for and supervise student athletes while traveling
• Monitor student athlete academic progress, including instruction and assigning grades for athletes enrolled in varsity sports courses
• Maintain program equipment and work to improve facilities
• Participate in athletic department meetings and other conference wide and sport specific meetings
• Promote high ethics and integrity through personal behavior and hold student athletes to the same standard of behavior
• Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Two years experience of coaching competitive volleyball at the club, high school, or college level
• Superb written and oral communication skills in both one on one situations or in small or large group situations
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License for more than one year
• Must be First Aid/CPR /AED certified within 30 days of employment, and maintain certification every two years
• Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• One year of experience working with under prepared adults, first generation college students, and/or students with special needs
• Collegiate level coaching experience which includes recruiting, match preparation, off season training, and ability to stay within compliance of conference rules
• Demonstrated ability to successfully recruit student athletes
• Experience in a community college setting
• Fundraising Experience
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA ) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
• Ability to operate office equipment
• Ability to read and verify data and
prepare various materials
• Ability to exchange information either on
the phone or in person
• Ability to demonstrate and teach various
fundamental skills as it relates to the
sport being coached.
Work Hours: August – May
Hours are variable, to include morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend hours.
Posting Date: 11/13/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First application review date 12/9/2019.
Everett Community College’s vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold diversity, equity, cultural competence and inclusion. Hiring and retaining a diverse workforce is a commitment for our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: Stipend $8,146
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1709776
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.