Job ID: 213698970
Early Childhood Education/Education Instructor China Placement
Posting Number: 02250
Department: Communication and Social Sci
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Everett Community College has an opportunity for an Early Childhood Education instructor to teach early childhood education courses for students earning an Associate of Technical Arts degree through our partnership with an institute in China.
This position reports to the Dean of Communication and Social Sciences and will teach three courses in China twice a year. The faculty member would travel to China in late summer/early fall and again in late spring, for up to six weeks each time.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Instruct education and early childhood education courses as specified in the faculty contract using a variety of methodologies and modes of learning at placement in China.
• Develop and coordinate curriculum to ensure currency with best practices and compliance with appropriate requirements and regulations, including the preparation and updating of courses in Early Childhood Education.
• Identify and implement procedures to assess individual student learning as well as course, program, and college learning outcomes.
• Maintain regularly-scheduled office hours to assist, advise, and mentor students enrolled in the early childhood education program at our partner school in China.
• Collaborate with Early Childhood Education faculty, our international program, representatives from China and from our partner school in China to provide meaningful observations for students in China.
• Coordinate teaching plan with China.
• Masters degree in Early Childhood Education.
• Demonstrated experience with and commitment to working with international students.
• Demonstrated experience with teaching in face-to-face learning
• Demonstrated experience and strategies for effectively instructing students from diverse backgrounds including difference s in culture, heritage, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, class, and religion.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English
• Eligibility for Washington State Vocational Certificate.
• Ability to live and work in China for periods of up to six weeks at a time, at a minimum of twice per year.
• Two years of relevant, post-secondary teaching experience
• Experience working with international students
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA ) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
-Ability to sit or stand for extended period of time
-Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment
-Ability to see to read and verify data and prepare various materials
-Ability to hear and speak to exchange information on the phone or in person.
Work Hours: Various
Posting Date: 11/12/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Everett Community College is committed to increasing cultural diversity among its staff. Applicants with multicultural experience and/or backgrounds, which will add cultural richness and diversity to Everett Community College, are encouraged to apply.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status or age.
Notice to Applicants
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $953.60 per week
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1704016
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.