Job ID: 211301747
Has an immediate need for a full-time position in the shop; Candidate must have a strong work ethic and be a team player. Contract to hire opportunity for a day shift position. 6:30 – 3:00
Duties will include:
Sawing raw materials; adjusting angles and lengths of cutting equipment to produced parts on cutting list, assuring accuracy of cuts and clean up. Planning work tasks to meet goals.
· Pass written math and tape measurement test
· Welding knowledge and experience with the ability to weld multiple materials in a variety of positions with a MIG welder (TIG experience a PLUS); materials including aluminum, mild steel and stainless steel. Ability to set and adjust welding equipment as required.
· Demonstrate quality welding practices based on required weld symbols. Ability to examine weld for fusion, thickness, length and quantity.
· Operating and maintaining a variety of equipment used in welding and metal fabrication, including but not limited to; MIG welders, hand grinders, cutting torches, plasma cutter, band saw, chop saw, drill press, lathe, clamps and other similar equipment and machinery
· Must be able to read and interpret shop drawings with a strong attention to detail for quality, accuracy and efficiency. Lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on materials, using scribers, dividers, squares and tape measures using shop mathematics and lay-out techniques and skills
· Team Player- Works well with others
· Ability to work in all weather (majority of work is in the shop)
Physical ability to bend, stoop, climb and lift up to 50 lbs
Walking and standing for at least 8 hour work shift
Safety conscious, familiar with production shop safety practices and using personal protective equipment (PPE)
Self-motivated with ability to adapt to change