Job ID: 209310189
Cascade Medical, located in beautiful downtown Leavenworth in the Cascade foothills of Central Washington, has an opening for a full-time (0.8 FTE)Rehabilitation "Rehab" Services Office Assistant to support our Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy professionals.
Work Schedule: 32 hours per week (9:45 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.), Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
The Rehab Services Office Assistant is a non-licensed worker responsible for welcoming patients into the care delivery setting and who will perform office duties and occasional patient care duties for the Rehab Services Department under the direction of the Rehab Services Director or Office Manager.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and admitting patients and verifying insurance coverage for therapy benefits.
- Maintaining patient call list and patient roster for each therapist.
- Verifying and complying with insurance requirements.
- Collecting patient co-pays and self-pay balances and assisting with patient inquiries regarding account balances.
- Performing miscellaneous office duties that include answering the telephone; taking/delivering messages, typing reports, running errands, copying/scanning information, revising forms and/or procedures in area of responsibility, etc.
- Promoting Rehab Services to patients and physicians' offices, as well as a positive, welcoming environment to patients and visitors.
- Participate in events sponsored by Rehab Services.
- Actively participating in unit-based Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Program.
- Assisting Physical Therapists with rooming and preparing patients for treatment. This includes assisting in stocking and changing linens and arranging treatment supplies and equipment per procedure or oral/written instructions.
- When requested, safeguarding and assisting patients practicing exercise programs and functional activities.
- When requested, observing patients during treatment and reporting signs of fatigue, distress or other issues.
- Maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in an office support or supervisory role for a healthcare provider preferred.
- Formal education post high school may be substituted for experience if job related.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to communicate (both verbally and in writing) in a friendly and professional manner to co-workers, patients, providers, the patient's family, etc.
- Must possess interpersonal skills that align with CM's Shared Values.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel. Must be able to type accurately and efficiently.
- Must be a team player by cheerfully stepping up and/or going the extra mile to help coworkers.
- Must be able to thrive in a busy work environment.
- Must possess a demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be a problem solver, self-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible, and able to organize and multi-task with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision.
- Current understanding of rehabilitation services as it relates to insurance verification and billing is desired.
- Must be able to bend, lift, twist, and be on knees (within prescribed safe work place practices) as necessary to perform job duties.
To Apply: Please complete online application and upload a resume and cover letter of interest w/salary requirements.