Job ID: 209111881
We are looking for a dynamic French teacher who has a passion for children! Teach French to 10 elementary school students in a public school setting utilizing existing curriculum in this before and after school program. We are Foreign Language for Youth, a nonprofit organization with foreign language classes for children all over the Puget Sound.
· Fluency in French. You need to be fluent in both verbal and written aspects of your target language. We do require that you have spent more than six (6) months in a country where the target language is a primary language. FLY recognizes that the United States is a diverse country, and first or second generation applicants who have had strong cultural influence in their upbringing may bypass this requirement.
· Teaching experience. Although we do not require a teaching certificate, we do require that you have had some experience managing a classroom.
· College education. You need to have completed, or are in the process of completing, a college education.
· Commitment. Classes run from October – June. We expect all teachers to remain responsible to their Students for the duration of this period.
· A clean criminal background. We do a full FBI and WSP check, regardless if you have had one recently.