Job ID: 207205487
Position is responsible to prepare and execute daily activities and lesson plans for children. Incorporate a child’s home/language/culture functionally in activities of the center. Provides opportunities and encouragement throughout the program for children to acquire and enlarge their vocabulary and provide a good language model by speaking clearly and distinctly on a level that children understand and respect.
Inspire Development Centers provides Early Childhood Education (ECE) and social services to more than 4000 children, in center based and home based setting, at more than 25 Child Development Centers (CDC) throughout the State of Washington. Inspire provides services under various federal and state funded programs with differing regulations and stipulations, which must be coordinated and adhered to, including, but not limited to: Regional Head Start (RHS), Migrant Seasonal Head Start (MSHS), Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) and Early Head Start (EHS). The agency is required to meet an annual quota of non-federal share (in-kind) funds. A large majority of children’s first language is Spanish.
The Infant Toddler Teacher reports to the Center Manager, and works closely with the Center Staff, School Readiness Liaison, Early Learning Mentor Coaches, ECE Specialists, Leads, Parents and Children.
The following examples of duties and accountabilities illustrate the general range of tasks assigned to the position but are not intended to define the limits of required duties. Other essential duties may be assigned consistent with the general scope of the position.
1. Provides a safe and healthy learning environment for children. Follows all state and federal regulations regarding instruction practices, fire, health, and safety standards; to include hand washing, laundry, and housekeeping practices.
2. Carries out assigned staff responsibilities regarding lesson plans, evaluations, and records. Formulates lesson plans for classroom activities and Home Learning Tasks. Responsible for the daily completion of USDA Meal count. Self-monitor classroom documentation to ensure systems and procedures are being followed as per written guidance and timelines.
3. Enhances physical and intellectual competence in children by promoting physical, cognitive, language, and creative skills, including children who require special services. Attend Teacher Meetings as scheduled to facilitate mentoring classroom staff in ECE.
4. Reinforces positive communication, respect, and interaction between children and adults.
5. Communicates with and actively involves parents in all aspects of center activities, through Home Visits, Parent Teacher Conferences, Open House, Make-n-Take, and Brainstorming sessions.
6. Follows established program curriculums, procedures, documentation, and service plans. In coordination with Lead ECE Specialist or School Readiness Liaison, monitors and provides technical assistance to teaching staff. Perform administrative duties as assigned. Collaborate with Teachers to bring consistency and best practices to the classroom.
7. Models appropriate instructional techniques for Teachers & Volunteers. Provides assistance in completing all appropriate documentation: i.e. Daily Assessment form, Feeding Guide and Health checks.
8. Actively participates with age appropriate interactions and classroom activities such as free play, mealtime, floor time and class room activities. May include bathing, diaper changing, formula preparation (for infants). Follows center procedures to receive and discharge the children.
9. Shows interest in furthering professional growth by attending staff meetings, workshops, seminars, and additional training on Child Development and willing to mentor CDA candidates.
10. Administer educational screenings, identify, and refer children with potential high risk of health, disability or behavioral concerns.
11. Maintains confidentiality of program and client related information at all times.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Incumbents are required to demonstrate knowledge and abilities in these areas:
· Current Infant Toddler Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA) or an equivalent certificate; or a degree in a related field with training or coursework in infant and toddler content and 120 hours of formal early childhood education training covering the growth and development of children ages birth to 3 years within the last 5 years with at least 480 hours of professional experience in a group setting with children ages birth to 3 years;
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of child development theories and practices;
· Experience working in a federally funded and regulated environment;
· Experience in policy and procedure processes;
· Experience in planning and facilitating groups;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills;
· Experience in the classroom risk management;
· Understanding of the interrelationships between services and systems;
· Ability to learn new tasks quickly and efficiently;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
· Ability to gather and analyze data for reports;
· Strong customer service focus;
· Ability to work with culturally diverse population;
· Knowledge of personal computer, including Microsoft Office; and
· Accurate data, documentation and recordkeeping skills.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through a combination of education, training and experience which would include at least six (6) months experience in a child care setting. The combination of education and experience will provide the competence and skills to perform the work of the position.
Inspire Development Centers is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels in the organization.All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status,disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. Should you be hired, you may be assigned to work under any program that we operate having need for the services of the position for which you were hired.
Other-Specify in Job Details