Job ID: 204647805
Position DescriptionFast food cashiers manage all monetary exchanges in the restaurant by taking orders and ringing up transactions, as well as cook,clean.stock ..... also looking for a clean up person
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Fast Food Cashier
· Greets all customers politely when they enter the restaurant.
· Records customer orders, both at the counter and at the drive-through (if applicable)
· Transfers orders to the kitchen to ensure their preparation.
· Monitors orders and ensures their prompt delivery.
· Helps package food in boxes and bags.
· Helps cook food and otherwise works in the kitchen, when necessary.
· Up-sells in-store promotions, when applicable.
· Listens to and resolves customer complaints, suggestions, and inquiries. (job filled )
· Keeps the counter and dining area neat and clean.
· Sweeps and mops the floor regularly.
· Restocks napkins, straws, lids, and other supplies in the dining areas.
· Tallies orders served and amount of cash received.
· Handles bank transactions for the restaurant.
· Inventories supplies and goods with supervising manager, when necessary.
· Takes money from customers and provides correct change.
· Processes credit card and debit card transactions.
· Keeps track of a cash drawer and ensures it is balanced at the end of the shift.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Can follow directions and achieve goals.
· Demonstrates strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Is able to communicate effectively to a variety of clientele.
A fast food cashier serves a large volume of people over every shift, which can be taxing. Standing for long periods of time while placing orders and fielding customer complaints is expected, which may contribute to back strain and foot problems. Because paper money is a large carrier for bacteria and germs, frequent hand sanitization is another expectation. The environment is warm, bustling, and potentially noisy. The environment of a fast food restaurant is populated by hot cooking surfaces, food, and oil, which can lead to injury.
Must be able to work evenings and weekends!