The Director Media is responsible for driving media strategy for all digital channel initiatives including direct partnerships, programmatic media buying, paid social and paid search, while managing a team to consistently and successfully deliver the execution of complex programs. This position requires that the candidate be a self-starter, extremely organized, detail oriented and highly motivated. The incumbent must possess the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities, while managing client expectations, timelines and coordination between various resources.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Duty • Collaborate with delivery teams to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables.
• Assume responsibility for the growth and vitality of Advantage’s media practice and of your clients’ business.
• Develop and/or approve direction of RFPs that lead publishers in devising innovative approaches to meeting campaign objectives and delivering value.
• Ensure accurate record keeping and finances on all accounts.• Work with cross-functional departments to ensure flawless execution.
• Review final reconciliation of campaign and authorize client refunds if appropriate.
Direct Reports- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
Indirect Reports- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements - Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job. - Travel up to 30%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the jobEducation Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
8+ years of experience in Media at an agency
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong understanding of both awareness and performance digital media channels and strategies, including display, mobile, video, paid search, programmatic and social media• Previous success in the planning, development and management of digital media campaigns for brands or products• Experience with DoubleClick and other 3rd party tracking solutions preferred• Experience with the following technology platforms preferred (Self-Serve Programmatic DSPs, DFA, Facebook UI/FBX)• Ability to analyze data and deeply understanding of measurement practices, 3rd party measurement companies and web analytics• Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects simultaneously• Proven client service orientation with strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills• Ability to consistently perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment as an individual on a team• Exceptional organizational and time management skills• Demonstrated interest in keeping up with emerging technologies and digital marketing trends
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary RequirementsIncumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Did you apply for the job?